Lines Represented: Ariel ● Compass ● CPS Keystone ● Expressions ● Goldstar ● Peerless ● Showdown Displays ● Soft Stuff Creations ● Strideline
Looking for a web designer/catalogue designer/photographer? Connect with Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profession before the promotional products industry?
- Rock n’ Roll
How many years have you been in the promotional products industry?
- 28 years on and off
Suppliers you served while on your path…
- Trevelyan, Stone FX, The School for Promotional Marketing, PRG, Culmer Pen
- As a freelance marketing/IT/web/design specialist and photographer I’ve worked with many promotional products companies in many capacities. I work for the Ontario government as a consultant and am also the Editor at foto:RE|VIEW magazine.
What are your hobbies/passions outside of Promo Expo?
- I’m a photographer/editor/artistic director. I founded a 100 member strong photo collective and an award winning photography festival. I’ve just launched a new photography journal/magazine!
Where were you born and what town/city are you living in now?
- Born in Steeltown (Hamilton). Now in Waterloo (Mennonite country!). But my heart will always belong to Winnipeg!
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- Hanalei (if my wife will join me)
Who are your favorite musicians/bands?
- Core: Beatles, Neil Young, Radiohead. Currently loving Sarah Jarosz.
If you could join any past or current music group who would you join?
- I’ve played with Emmy/Grammy winning brothers Mychael and Jeff Danna. But fly on a wall? The Beatles.
What is your favorite movie?
- Birdy. The last line makes it worth it!
If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Sushi. Or pad thai.
As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A priest (really).
What is your favourite game, or sport to watch and play?
- Is art a sport?
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Danger. Film photographer ahead.
What is the best part of your job?
- I do something new/different everyday.